Sunday, September 27, 2009

Hangin' Out

Slept in today :)

Got up and didn't have breakfast until 11 am but it was great!

I made Green Chile.

I took about 16 ounces of Pork Loin and trimmed the fat.

Then I fried the fat in a cast iron skillet until it was super crispy.

Meanwhile I diced the pork loin into cubes. After removing the crispy fat from the skillet I added the diced pork to the skillet and cook covered on very low heat until almost all of the juices evaporated. I smothered the meat in spices before covering. I used granulated garlic, pepper, and a smidgen of cumin. I also added diced onions to the meat just before the liquid evaporated.

When all of the liquid had evaporated, I added a can of diced tomatoes, a can of green chiles and a can of diced jalapenos. This simmered for another 20 minutes.

It was awesome and low-carb!