Friday, September 25, 2009

Hello World WIDE Web

Spread the word. I've lost 23.6 pounds in 35 days.

Considering it took me 11 weeks to lose 21 lbs on Weight Watchers, I think that's pretty good.

Let me remind you all how I'm doing it!
I'm following a Protein Sparing Modified Fast as defined by the Cleveland Clinic.

Based on my IBW I am allowed to eat 13 ounces of lean meat and 4 servings of vegetables a day.

I weighed in at 288.4 on my scale on August 19th, 2009. On Wednesday, September 23rd, after completing a total of 35 days, I weighed in at 264.8

:-)

I feel like a different person already.

I've gone from being morbidly obese to being obese according to the BMI charts I've looked at.

My clothes fit me better and I'm not as self conscious as I once was.

I have to admit though it's beginning to kill me when I see my wife and kids eating ice cream or popcorn.

I've been trying to add some variety to the menu this week by slow cooking meat in a crockpot. I experimented with beef, pork and chicken wrapped in foil and smothered with any kind of herb or spice that is free of high fructose corn syrup!

So far my favorite has been the pork.

Gotta go now. Time for lunch!