Friday, August 28, 2009

Large Ketosis

I discovered this morning that the Ketostix (ketone test strips) I've been using expired a year ago!

That's ok there were only a couple of them left.

On my lunch hour I went to the pharmacy and bought some more.

By the time I got back to the office I was feeling kind of woozy.

I ate 3.3 ounces of ground turkey with 6 oz of mushrooms for breakfast and a couple of boiled eggs for a snack.

I decided to eat the 3.4 oz chicken breast I brought with me to work. I immediately felt better.

I broke open my new ketone test strips and found out that I was in Large Ketosis!

On another note, I did some research this morning to see how to determine a person's IBW (Ideal Body Weight: THIS IS NOT YOUR GOAL WEIGHT) which is used in calculating the number of ounces of lean protein a person needs on the PSMF.

IBW
Estimated ideal body weight in (kg
Males: IBW = 50 kg + 2.3 kg for each inch over 5 feet.
Females: IBW = 45.5 kg + 2.3 kg for each inch over 5 feet.

PSMF Ounces of Lean Protein = (IBW * 1.4)/7

Example for a 5'8" Male:
IBW = 50 kg + (2.3 kg * 8") OR 68.4

PSMF Ounces of Lean Protein = (68.4 * 1.4)/7 OR 13.68

I'm not sure what a person under 5 feet tall should do though :D