Saturday, August 22, 2009

PSMF Progress Week of 8/19/2009

Day 1:

Setup fitday.com for free tracking of food eaten and daily weight.

Ok, so I weighed myself at home on Wednesday 8/19/2009 to get my starting weight according to my scale at home. It's not calibrated with my doctor's scale but I am recording it for my own tracking purposes: 287.4 lbs.

From what I remember, the first few days are the toughest. Once my body goes into moderate ketosis I can lose anywhere from .5 to .8 lbs a day!

Day 2:
Weight: 287.3
Ketosis: Negative

Day 3: 286 lbs
Ketosis: Trace

Day 4: 283.7 lbs
Ketosis: Small

Total for the week: 3.7 lbs!
Average lbs per day: 3.7 / 4 = 0.925 lbs

Not bad :)

Thoughts: Food is fuel. If I use up the fuel I have stored in my body now. I can begin the process of cycling through that fuel on a daily basis and not keep storing up reserves.